At Innovation Tank Pty Ltd we take a great deal of care when we handle your personal information and we do so in line with the 13 Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) that can be found at the OAIC website (www.oaic.gov.au).
What does Personal Information mean?
How is my Personal Information Collected?
The main way we collect personal information is through you directly or through your authorised representative. That is, when you visit us at www.innovation-tank.com and submit your personal information or request your personal information to be used).
We sometimes collect personal information from a third party or from a publicly available source, but only if:
- you have consented to such collection or would reasonably expect us to collect your personal information in this way, or
- if it is necessary for a specific purpose such as the investigation of a privacy complaint.
Your personal information may be collected through the following services that are used on our website:
- User contact forms
- Cookies & Analytics
- Mailing list
- Social Network widgets and buttons (Pinterest, Twitter etc)
- Maps/Video and other embedded content
- Direct Marketing
- Location-based Services – Geolocation
- When you sign up with us and create a login with us
What types of Personal Information is collected?
The personal information we collect about you may include, but is not limited to:
- identifying personal information, such as your name, job title and company you are employed by;
- contact information, such as email address and telephone number;
- usernames and passwords that you create when registering for an account with us;
- details of any products or services that we provide to you or you enquire about;
- information you provide as part of submitting a contact form to us;
- information about how you use our website and other products and services we provide;
- records of our communications with you, including any messages you send us; and
- usage information as a result of using our website, our digital content and our mobile applications,
How do you use my Personal Information?
We only use personal information for the purposes for which we collected it – for the following purposes which are directly related to one of our functions or activities that on the whole create a better user experience for you at www.innovation-tank.com and engaging with our organisation:
- To assess and process any request or enquiry you make for our products & services;
- To manage our relationship with you;
- To undertake internal processes including marketing, segmenting, customer profiling, new product development and customer experience;
- Development, training, statistical research and service improvement;
- To identify and (unless you tell us not to) tell you about products and services (including products and services of third parties) that we believe may interest you;
We do not give personal information about an individual to any government agencies, private sector organisations or anyone else unless one of the following applies:
- you have consented
- you would reasonably expect, or have told us, that information of this kind is usually passed to those individuals, bodies or agencies
- it is otherwise required or authorised by law
- it will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s life or health, or
- it is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of the criminal law or of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of public revenue.
Is my Personal Information Stored Securely?
We take steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure, and against other misuse.
When the personal information that we collect is no longer required, we destroy or delete it in a secure manner.
Can I Access, or Change the Personal Information I give you?
If you wish to request access to your personal information held by us, if you want to correct any information we hold, or if you no longer desire our services, you may correct, update, delete or deactivate it by contacting us at email@example.com.
Innovation Tank Pty Ltd is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act. We care about our users and do everything we can to adhere to the 13 Australian Privacy Principles as per the OAIC guidelines.
If you have any complaints or feel that there has been a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, or a registered APP code, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via another option below.
If you are not satisfied with the process of making a complaint to our Privacy Officer, you may make a complaint to the Information Commissioner on the details below:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992
Fax: 02 9284 9666
How to Contact Us
For further information contact us at email@example.com or alternatively you can write to us at Innovation Tank Pty Ltd, 9/43 Corporation Circuit, Tweed Heads South 2486,NSW, AUSTRALIA.